Excellence in Agricultural Education, Research and Extension for Sustainable Agricultural Development and Livelihood security of farming community
Mandate of the institution
- To offer four year degree programmes,Viz.B.Tech. (Agricultural Engineering) and B.Tech. (Food Engineering).
- To offer two year post graduate programme M.Tech. (Agricultural Engineering) with specialization in Soil and Water Engineering, Farm Power and Machinery and Agricultural Processing and Food Engineering.
- To offer doctoral degree programme PhD(Agriculltural Engineering) with specialization in Soil and Water Engineering, Farm Power and Machinery and Agricultural Processing and Food Engineering.
- To conduct research and perform extension activities in the relevant fields of Agricultural Engineering.
- An institution of higher learning in Agricultural Engineering having national and international reputation
- Research and development of agricultural technologies useful at local, regional and national levels
- Collaboration with reputed international Institutions in Agricultural Engineering in Research and Development of agricultural Technologies
- Development of novel and effective extension programs
- Promotion of Agricultural Engineering as a profession
The objectives of Kerala Agricultural University, as stated in the KAU Act, are: Imparting of Education, Advancement of Learning, Promoting Research and Undertaking Extension Education Programs in Agriculture and allied subjects, including Agricultural Engineering.
Future goals and objectives
- An international institution of higher learning in Agricultural Engineering and Food Engineering.
- Development of innovative technologies in Agricultural Engineering and Food Engineering
- Extension of innovative technologies using advanced communication methods